The Hunter's IV started off doing what all vocal groups from the 1950's wanted to do. They sang in front of audiences, they cut a record, it got on the local charts, and heard it played on those hometown radio stations. In the photo below, left, the Hunter's IV are Bill Clark, sisters Jan Marquis, Betty Marquis, and Dwight Hunter. Rob O' Conner was the original Rhythm/bass guitarist and Bill Clark replaced him after Rob joined the service. The group was based in Corvallis, Oregon, and led by the group's namesake, Dwight Hunter. They were originally called the Silvertones, but that presented a conflict with the fine folks at Sears. Since Dwight formed the group, the Hunter's IV name was applied. After Dwight, Jan and Rob graduated from Corvallis High School, they found themselves working for Buck Owens in Tacoma. Owens had a steady gig in town, and Dwight convinced him to let the Hunter's IV play during intermission. Dwight was working in the area at the time, but the other three members would drive up every weekend so they could sing. Buck Owens wanted to record them, but deferred to Jim Owens, who owned a record store called the Record Bar in Tacoma. Surprisingly, he was no relation to Buck Owens. Jim Owens liked what he heard and signed the group to a recording contract. They went into the Joe Boles studio in Seattle, and spent all day recording their two sides. The record was intended to be issued on the bar label - for Jim Owens store called the Record Bar. The disc was sent to radio stations up and down the west coast. They received airplay and chart action in the northwest as well as some spins in Los Angeles with Art Laboe at KPOP and Bill Balance at KFWB. Listen to an interview with Dwight Hunter of the Hunter's IV HERE!
It was recorded in the summer of 2006 and was a lot of fun.